Monday, June 14, 2010

HOLIDAY RAVINGS part 3 (training spl)

Let’s talk about placement training week. It was better than I expected. Seriously, my stomach was squirming painfully the night before the training started because all my friends were in different batches! We could either opt for 14 or 7 days training and I went for the latter, blindfolded (for obvious reasons of course). The 7 days ‘optees’ were divided into 7 batches like s1, s2, s3 etc and each batch had around 60 students. All the departments were mixed. When I entered the class, I found only a couple of people from my department. The whole idea of this mix up was to teach and encourage the art of mingling and getting to know each other. We were suddenly asked to talk to boys! X_X.



The first 3 ½ days we had C-CAT teach us aptitude (apps) and soft skills. It wasn’t all that fun. They were just plain ‘mokka’. From 8am till lunch i.e 12.15pm, we had apps and from 1pm till 4.30pm we had soft skills or vice versa. Apps covered a few boring topics while soft skills was a little better. We had TAM (talk a minute) sessions, storytelling, celebrity and press, case study, group discussion (GD) and finally the mock interview. I dreaded the GD’s because I’m more of the listening type. I had no intention of discussing anything with anyone. The topics were really weird like the one we got ‘there is no right way to do a wrong’ which was the topic given to the previous group that came up for GD. Why, you ask? Well, it was because the staff didn’t find any aggressiveness in the previous batch’s performance. I had no clue what to say and hence I blabbered something for the sake of having to blabber.



They kept splitting us into groups again and again, which, I found a little annoying. The boys were lightning speed when it came to doing apps. They had the answers before I even read the questions X_X which means I have to ‘hone’ my apps skill @_@. The case study was good; I have no complaints about it. Storytelling failed to interest me. I dint get to do a TAM, so no comments. My group sent me as the press person who had to interview the 3 celebrities from another group. I had no idea who those three people were and ended up standing blankly on the stage. I dint volunteer for the interview and with that the C-CAT training session ended. Phew!! :)




UP NEXT!!! Blue Lotus @ HOLIDAY RAVINGS part 4 (training spl again!)!!! Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the one above!!! :)

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND BLESSED DAY MY FRIENDS!!! :) :)

No comments: